Chocolate Oreo Pancakes with Oreo Cream Glaze
These were really good and they tasted like you were eating Oreos for breakfast. Yum! I'd tried some different chocolate pancakes and wasn't too excited about them until I found these. I found these chocolate pancakes on group recipes but I added the Oreos and glaze. These were really good and with the oreo filling glaze it raised them to great.
Chocolate Oreo Pancakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 c. flourshopping list
- 1/3 c. Cocoa powder
- 1/4 c. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 C. Oreos crushed
- In med bowl, add milk, egg, butter. Whisk until well blended.
- In another med bowl, combine flour, cocoa, sugar, baking soda and salt. Mix well.
- Add milk mixture to dry mixture. Whisk until ingredients moistened. The batter may be slightly lumpy. Fold in Crushed Oreos.
- Heat griddle
- Once hot, pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto griddle. Drizzle about 2T. of oreo filling in a swirl on pancake. (optional).
- Flip once batter is set around edges. Then cook til baked through on other side about 1 minute.
- Serve with Oreo Filling/Glaze and crushed Oreos
- Oreo Filling/Glaze
- 2 Ounces of Cream Cheese
- 2T. butter
- 1T. Shortening (optional) This is what is basically in Oreo filling so I added some to get the right taste but not sure if it did much so you can omit to save on calories and fat.
- Beat until fluffy then add:
- 1/2 of a 8oz container of marshamllow fluff
- beat into it then add:
- 2 1/2 C. Powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/2t. vanilla
- 2T. Milk or more to get right consistency (slightly runny).