Sunday, April 8, 2012

Carrot Cake Cream Puffs


Carrot Cake Cream Puffs

One last treat for Easter or anytime really. I had this idea in my head about an Easter themed or flavored cream puff in the shape of Carrot. I looked around on the net couldn’t find anything so I set to work. I do this from time to time I have some fails and some good ones and some great ones. This turned out to be one of those great ones. I was super excited about how they turned out. They tasted awesome just like Carrot cake. So I made the Pate’ Choux using Alton Brown’s recipe and piped it into carrots. I came up with a carrot mousse like recipe adding spices to mimic carrot cake and filled it with that and glazed it with a carrot juice, glaze. It helped finish off the look of the carrot due to the orange color. Yay! I love when things work out how you envisioned. Everyone really enjoyed them and kept going back for more. It really has the  carrot cake taste. So here’s the recipe:
Carrot Cake Cream Puffs
Alton Brown’s Pate Choux
WWW.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sweet-or-savory-pate-a-choux-recipe/index.html
Carrot Cake Cream Cheese Mousse
8 oz. cream cheese softened
1/2c. plus 1heaping Tablespoon of Carrot Puree’ ( I cooked half a bag of mini carrots in water and a T. brown sugar until tender and water almost all evaporated then I emersion blended it til smooth)
1c. sugar and 3T. toasted pecans blended in blender until no sign of pecans
1t. cinnamon
1 t. ginger
1/4t. nutmeg
1/8t. cloves
pinch of salt
11/4c. whip cream whipped
1T. of cheesecake pudding mix (optional) I added this to whip cream as I was whipping it
1t. vanilla
Beat cream cheese until fluffy, add sugar pecan mixture and beat in until all mixed in.
mix spices and salt into carrot puree and add to cream cheese mixture. Add vanilla and fold in whip cream.
Chill in fridge for at least an hour.


Cut off partial tops of pate choux carrots and pipe or spoon in mousse and return tops.

Carrot Juice Glaze/Icing
2c. powdered sugar
3T. carrot Juice you may need more to thin out enough
1t. lemon juice
1/4 t. vanilla
mix until all combined well and adjust to make it spreading consistency but thick enough to harden on top.
spread or pur glaze over top of carrots and let harden.
refrigerate until ready to serve.
Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment