Wednesday, July 13, 2011

50/50 Orange Sherbet and Orange Oreo Balls

I haven't been on my blog in a long time due to all the vacationing I've been doing. It's been great! Lots of relaxing and playing with my family.  I made these frozen ice cream balls when I saw the orange and cream Oreos at the store. I thought I should try them in some type of dessert and this is what I came up with.

Here's the inside. It was really tasty. Especially if you are a fan of the old fifty fifty bars.
Some are really light orange because I was running out of the orange Creamsicle magic shell and so I dipped then rolled in oreos.

Here's a picture of the inside

Fifty Fifty Ice Cream Orange Oreo balls

2 rows of the orange cream Oreos finely crushed
a half gallon of 50/50 orange sherbet and vanilla ice cream softened ( You won't use all this unless you make a ton.)
Orange Creamsicle Magic Shell

Stir almost half of the crushed Oreos and half of the ice cream in a bowl. 
Quickly form into balls and roll in remaining crushed Oreos. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and put in freezer until firm about 2 hours.
When they are frozen pour magic shell in a bowl and give the balls a quick dip to coat and return to pan. Freeze 2 minutes then you can eat or give another round of dipping depending on how thick you want shell. You can either roll in crushed Oreos after dipping or roll first.


No comments:

Post a Comment