Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Red Velvet Cupcakes

This one is good and not dry. I use to not care for red velvet because every time I had one it would be rather dry or too much chocolate flavor when it should only be a hint. I really like these. I did these for Valentines Day.



Red Velvet Cupcake Balls dipped in white chocolate and milk chocolate

Red Velvet Cake, Cupcakes and Balls

21/3c. flour 
2T. heaping Cocoa
2 1/4t. baking powder
1 1/4t. baking soda
3/4t. salt
1 1/2c. buttermilk
1/2c. oil
2 oz. red food coloring
2t. vinegar
1/2c. butter softened
2c. sugar
2 eggs 
2t. vanilla
Combine butter and sugar  until fluffy add wet ingredients then alternate with buttermilk and flour. 
Pour evenly into 3 8 inch pans greased and lined with parchment or 24 cupcakes give or take a few.
bake 350 35 minutes for cakes and
18-20 minutes for cupcakes

Cream Cheese Frosting
8 oz. cream cheese
5 T. butter
2t. vanilla
2 1/2c. powdered sugar

 Frost and fill cakes or cupcakes
 I love cupcakes with fillings so I always fill them using a decorator bag or the cone method. I have a new handy tool called the cupcake corer by Cuisipro. It is quick and perfect. I love it. I use that and then fill.

For Red Velvet Balls rip up cake and stir in frosting. Roll in balls Chill until firm and then dip in melted white chocolate or almond bark  and or melted chocolate or almond bark. Then drizzle with red tinted white chocolate.
I'm starting to like Cake balls more than I like cupcakes. Probably because I love frosting and you get good equal amounts of both.
Happy Baking

No comments:

Post a Comment