Thursday, November 18, 2010

Jerk Chicken stuffed Sweet Potato


I love Sweet Potatoes and Yams and I love Jerk chicken. I love spicy food. I had something like this at a restaurant and loved  it so I created it at home. The mango, mandarin orange salsa provides some extra sweetness to balance out the spiciness of the Chicken and the sweet potato rounds it all out.

Jerk Chicken
3T. allspice
1/4t. nutmeg
dash of cinnamon
6 green onions sliced
3-4 garlic cloves minced,
1 inch chunk of ginger grated
3T. brown sugar or 2 T. agave nectar
3 jalapenos or hot chilies like scotch bonnet if u can find cut up.
1T. soy suce
1 lime juiced
1/2t. salt
1T. oil
2t. thyme
1 bay leaf
Puree all in blender and put over:
6 Chicken breast in a pressure cooker with 1/4c. water
Pressure cook about 12-15 minutes.
Shred Chicken
Bake sweet potatoes in oven or microwave until tender

Fruit salsa
1 mango diced
1 can mandarin oranges chppd
1/4c. chopped cilantro
3T. red onion
1 T. lime juice
salt to taste
pinch of cinnamon

Put shredded chicken on top of cut open sweet potato. put some of pan drippings on sweet potato too. Top that with fruit salsa and enjoy. I did three days in a row for lunches. My kids liked it too which I was a little surprised about.

No comments:

Post a Comment