Friday, November 19, 2010

Another Breakfast -Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats

I have some type of oatmeal or hot cereal for breakfast every morning. My favorite is steel cut oats. I usually make a big panful during the week and then just warm up every morning. The nice part about doing this is I get to get creative on how to flavor it up each morning. This particular morning I made pumpkin pie flavored. I had some leftover pureed pumpkin that I had made during the week so it was easy peasy.



Pumpkin Pie Steel Cut Oats

I cook up about 3c. of steel cut oats then I separate out the amount I eat which is 2/3c. The rest I refrigerate for the next mornings to come.

1 T. Pumpkin puree
pinches of cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
Maple Syrup to sweeten
I just stir it all up and eat. You can add some extra sweetener and a spoonful of whip cream or cool whip but I try to keep it healthy in the morning.
It is really good and I don't even really like Pumpkin pie.

Some other renditions I have done are: Pina Colada Oats (Crushed Pineapple, coconut, some coconut milk and pineapple juice for sweetness.), Apple oats (Sometimes I use freeze dried and sometimes fresh with cinnamon and pecans), Butter Pecan (This amazing butter Pecan oil and toasted Pecans with maple syrup or stevia for sweetening) Yummy. The ideas are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment